Credit: Getty Images/iStock
A child, aged 12, was taken to hospital on Sunday (5th November) after being struck by a firework, South Wales Police have confirmed.
The Bonfire Night incident, which happened in the Butetown area of Cardiff, was reported shortly before 9pm with the boy then receiving treatment at the University Hospital of Wales in Heath.
Officers are now investigating the incident in order to uncover the full circumstances that lead up to the event.
A spokesperson for South Wales Police explained in a statement:
"Police in Cardiff are investigating an incident where a 12-year-old boy was struck by a firework.
"The incident, which happened in the Butetown area, was reported shortly before 9pm last night, November 5. The boy attended the University Hospital of Wales where he received treatment for injuries caused by the firework."
The force have not yet provided an update on the investigation.
Comment your thoughts below